Monday, March 23, 2015

23/03/15

When I woke up this morning, the instinctive thing to do (as always) is to switch on my phone and scroll through my twitter feed/ Straits Times.

And of course the news "LKY IS DEAD" was every where. 

To be frank I wasn't shocked at all, but more saddened instead. 
He was on the ventilator for more than a month- how can anyone survive that long on that machine? Honestly, the cause for his worsening infection is due to too much reliance on the ventilator. Normally, doctors will advise family members to remove the ventilator after 2 weeks (maximum)... But of course after removal you will be waiting for a miracle as they either live for a few more days or pass on in a few hours.

But I guess all that isn't important now because his death is really inevitable.

I am really sad. 
To know that someone everyone (everyone, excluding people who do not understand the concept of gratitude) respects has passed on.. To know that he quite literally dedicated his entire life to making sure Singapore stays on her tracks to prosperity and stability. To know that THE person who contributed the most in shaping Singapore to all her glory today has passed on.. Isn't a lovely feeling.

And to add on to my sadness, I had to deal with idiots today :)

Firstly my stupid ass, Bitch ass, dumb ass boss Karen kept complaining to me about how its so sad that there isn't a HOLIDAY to mark LKY's death. Uhm what is the use of having a public holiday? The government is surely aware that such cunts like you are waiting for him to die just so you can not work for one day. 
She whined to me a grand total of THREE times.
The last straw happened when I was at my own desk minding my own business when she walked past me and said again "haiya why no holiday!!"
She then continued fueling my ire by saying " Oh jaslyn it doesn't matter for you because you are paid by the hour right?" 

1) No
2) None of your business (wished I told her this ugh)

So I was insanely ANGRY and IRRITATED and i said "someone just died and all you care about is a holiday"
Then this bitch SLAPS MY ARM AND GOES OH DONT MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IM SO BAD well u are that horrible????????????? Im glad you are at least self aware???????????? Achievement unlocked?????????????????????????????????

Bitch.

What got me so annoyed is that she is a FOREIGNER. From MALAYSIA. 

What increases my annoyance to 200% is when foreigners (especially expats) make snide remarks about Singapore and then proceed to whine about some minor / major things about MY country.
Listen up dildos,
1) you have the option to return back home so why dont you do that? 
2) if you want to earn money here then quit complaining and do your fucking job before i get MOM to revoke your employment pass
3) just shut the fuck up because you dont complain about a place that has given you a fucking JOB & MONEY & PLACE FOR YOUR IDIOT KIDS TO LIVE IN TOO. I'm sure another Singaporean would gladly take your high paying job.

Imagine if I go to China and whine about the Chinese govt, the food, the air, the controversies in China. I will be immediately be spit upon and literally drowned by all the Chinese nationals for being such a bitch openly.

As for Singaporeans complaining about every aspect of the govt and not bothering to think of better alternatives to the policies without it being too dumb sounding (negative example: omg how can public housing be 300k!!! should be FREE!!!! ITS OUR LAND SIA!!), please shut the fuck up. Either you email to the ministers and make sure your idea is considered, or you join the parliament to make some real changes. Quit whining. 

This is especially applicable to middle aged men who are undergoing mid life crisis / MENopause and think they have problems with everything in their lives.

Enough with my anger.

Im just happy that MM LKY is not suffering anymore. Being comatose / half conscious on the ventilator... How would we know if he's suffering or not? Im just so glad he can have his ashes mixed with his wife's. Im just so glad he can finally have peace after being in the political scene for so long.. Under the media's watchful eye and everyone's judgement. 
Im just appreciative that I have internet when I want it. Im really appreciative of the food and water we have access to. Im really appreciative that I got an education (but the rigidity of the system remains a source of debate). Im really appreciative that I dont get KILLED on the streets. Im happy that it is peaceful and stable here.

I dont think I will ever want to go any where else.





No comments:

Post a Comment